"I’m applying for scholarship to enable me undertake a three (3) weeks study in Adaptive management of natural resource; supporting decentralised forest and nature management for development in Kumasi – Ghana from 15th October 2012…"
Job Title, Most Recent Employer Name, Start Date and Responsibilities
South Luangwa Conservation Society,
01st October 2009,
• To initiate and provide management support to the Community Resources Board (CRB) village scouts for training and running an effective community based law enforcement program.
• To plan routine work and supervise field operations for the protection of wildlife resources in the area.
• To liaise with Zambia Wildlife Authority (ZAWA) and provide management, training, material, financial and logistical support deemed necessary to supplement the law enforcement program.
• To prepares regular consolidated progress / status reports on the activities of the area.
• To maintains staff discipline in accordance with set policies and procedures.
• To ensure that periodical staff appraisals and need for skills development is implemented.
• To ensure that the Zambia Wildlife Act and regulations is enforced.
• To promotes the image of South Luangwa Conservation Society (SLCS) and its objectives of promoting community participation in the conservation and management of wildlife resources.
Years of Professional Experience (Number)
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Highest Education or Degree Level
Some College Work Completed
University or College
For International Institution (Skip this section and go to the next step)
Educational Achievements - Degree Level, Field of Study, Year (GC) , Institution Name, City, Country (e.g. Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, XYZ University, 2007, New York, USA)
Professional Summary, Key Skills, Certificates and Awards
Wildlife Management Certificate
Education/Career Goal, interest to work outside your country and your citizenship/visa status? (e.g. I would like to study Masters in International Marketing and work as Marketing Manager. I am from XYZ country and require work visa)
I’m applying for scholarship to enable me undertake a three (3) weeks study in Adaptive management of natural resource; supporting decentralised forest and nature management for development in Kumasi – Ghana from 15th October 2012 – 2nd November 2012.
I am an employee of the South Luangwa Conservation Society (SLCS) Zambia and currently working as an Operations Manager. My training was undertaken at the African College of Community-Based Natural Resource Management (ACCBNRM) in a Certificate in Wildlife Management at Nyamaluma in Mfuwe in 1994. I have eighteen (18) years working experience in the field of wildlife conservation and management as a Law Enforcement Officer (LEO).
I have worked in the North Luangwa Conservation Project (NLCP) as a Law Enforcement Officer (LEO), conducting resource protection activities. I was in charge of patrol groups and Law enforcement activities. Other responsibilities included conducting Basic Anti Poaching (BAP) training for the Recruit Training Cycle (RTC) of Wildlife Police Officers (WPOs) and Village Scouts for Zambia Wildlife Authority (ZAWA) and community resources Boards (CRBs).
I’m particularly interested in the course because in my task, I’m faced with challenges in enhancing natural resources management strategies that allow multi-sectoral approach towards sustainable natural resources management. I’m required to transmit information about adaptive natural resources management issues among the people with diverse levels and kinds of knowledge. The course will help me acquire knowledge, skills and strategies in adaptive management to be a new approach in my area of operations towards natural resource management / protection that incorporate analysis of multi stakeholder approaches. Also it will help me design and deliver effective programmes to manage / conserve / protect natural resources and enhance the environment.
With this background, I’m convinced if sponsored, I would be very instrumental in fostering sustainable management of natural resources in the field of natural resource management.
You need to be a member of Ethio Professionals Network to add comments!
How can i get full scholarship for first degree in civil engeneering or any other i graduated in english language teaching in diploma and began to learn civil engenering but can't persist due to…Continue
THANKS SIREI AME MR.MOHAMMAD SHAHMY FATHER NAME IS ED MOHAMMADI AM LIVING IN KABUL AFGHANISTANMY PROVENCE IS ORUZGHANI GRADUATED 12TH CLASS KABUL SCHOOL IN HIGHER GRADUATEDI WANT STUDY ENGINEERING…Continue